Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.
Quick facts about me…
- Currently President and CEO of UpstreamRE and driving one of the biggest initiatives in real estate.
- Over 25 years as an entrepreneur, founder, and investor (both sides of the table).
- A technologist at my core, I’m now focused on excellence in product, negotiations, go to market strategy and general management.
- I have a love affair with growth hacking, copywriting and gorilla marketing.
- Firsthand learnings from two exits, four acquisitions, and countless integrations… and lived to tell about it.
- Former Operating Partner with Second Century Ventures and now I actively participate as an angel investor.
- Discovered that my purpose and love is to help people be successful, especially entrepreneurs so I built a “living” knowledgebase and framework to share.
- California native but now reside in Seattle and airports around the country.
- 82nd Airborne paratrooper, Eagle Scout, and HBS alumni.
- I’m a productivity junkie yet still gravitate to pen and paper
I write about topics that fellow founders struggle with such as product market fit and development velocity. At times, I’ll focus on operational topics such as trying to get market penetration while being capital efficient. Finally, I’ll sprinkle in topics about personal productivity, negotiations and influence, sales copy and killer presentations (all my favorite topics)? I often write about issues I’m currently experiencing or need to perfect so the cadence may feel sporadic (I’m a builder, not a writer) and I’ll always attempt to remain industry agnostic (my apologies when real estate sneaks in).
I hope to bring you massive value with the content on this site by leveraging over two decades of experience on both sides of the table. I hope to open your mind to an even greater level of potential and possibilities while walking away with real tools to maximize your bottom line.
- 2018, 2017 Swanepoel Power 200 (SP200) – Top 200 Most Powerful People in Residential Real Estate
- 2012 Global Top 1,000 Chief Technology Officers (Bloomberg, S&P, The Global Leaders)
- 2008 Inman Innovator Award: Most Innovative New Technology (Inman News)
You can find my credentials here on LinkedIn. Feel free to connect with me.
My social icons are on the right, along with a link to email me. Otherwise, send me a message via this form: